We help organisations to understand people’s opinions to build more responsive societies.
CITIBEATS is the Adaptive AI to understand people’s changing opinions. It discovers, categorizes and synthesizes people’s opinions from large quantities of data. It offers qualitative information and sentiment insights that give more meaning to your data.
Does it sound like a project to be part of? If the answer is yes, then here’s your opportunity:
We are looking for a Data Scientist, to join us as part of the development team. As part of the team you will shape the project, contribute your opinions, ideas and learnings, and see the results of your work. Moreover, we hope you’ll grow to be a leading expert on applying NLP and deep learning for understanding social issues, and we want to give you a role where you can shine.
Your role will be discovering and bringing the best of state-of-the-art methods, and tinkering with them to improve our product. We look to you to be an expert on NLP, and you will work in close collaboration with product and UX/UI, as well as the development team, to make sure that your ideas get translated into improvements that our users love.
Your day to day:
- Discovering new libraries and tools that can add value to our product
- Experimenting with several approaches to validate which new approaches we should include in the product
- Collaborating in product definition to select the best options for new features
- Developing new methods, or testing adjustments to our algorithms, to make our user’s lives easy for them to make sense of their data
- What you won’t be doing: cleaning and preparing datasets, because those steps are automated by Citibeats.
- Knowledge of NLP, or deep learning (and great if you have both!)
- Experience with common Python data science toolkits, such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable.
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, Jupyter notebooks, etc.
- Proficiency in using SQL query language.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills.
- Creative/entrepreneurial/hacker mindset – meaning you like to tinker, push ideas forward and make things happen
- User-centric – you can start with a user need or problem, and figure out how to translate it and solve it with data science
- You love to learn, and would like to set clear plans for personal growth
Nice to have
- An interest in linguistics, or languages, is very welcome!
- Experience launching products
- Computer Science degree, Mathematics degree or Data Science Masters
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar area
- Become a part of fast moving and exciting company that is changing the rules of the game
- Put your ideas into action, as part of a meaningful project
- Friendly atmosphere and a great international team
- Our offices are located at 22@ district, and 5min away from the beach!
- Possibility to work from home
- Real chance of development and growth
If you think you’re the right person, please send your CV to our Operations Director, Soraya Ferhani firstname.lastname@example.org.